Thursday, May 14, 2009

can you spot the difference

...between Twitter and MyLifeIsAverage? I'll give you a hint...it's intent, and that's pretty much it. The idea behind MLIA is to be as intentionally mundane as possible - a social network as my brother would've created it.

Example MLIA post:

Today I packed a lunch to take to class, but we got done early so I took it home and ate it in my apartment.

See...that's funny.

Example Twitter post:

I'm sitting in the airport/meeting/cafe with Joe/my Dad/a hampster, and really glad it's not raining.

Not funny.

Thanks to TechCrunch for bringing this to my attention. They'd be well served to develop an interactive quiz which presents viewers with a post and asks them to decide if it's from Twitter or MLIA. I bet it'd be impossible.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment